Hi, I'm Monika! Thank you for stopping by!
Let me start off by saying that being a photographer is my dream job, and I'm so happy you've found my website!
I started this journey as a senior portrait and family photographer in Belchertown MA in 2013, and soon after began shooting weddings locally in Western Massachusetts. Since then, I've been lucky enough to travel to Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Maine, Texas, and Mexico for everything from newborn sessions and weddings to fashion shows and family portraits. Photography has allowed me to spend more time outdoors, soak up sunshine, and discover new and beautiful places. I really can't put into words how much I love what I do.
Although writing is not my strong suit (I'm more of a picture person), I thought I'd share a little bit about myself so you can get to know me better.
- I'm a New England girl at heart, born and raised in Western Massachusetts in the small town of Belchertown.
- I studied wildlife and fisheries biology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst where I earned my Bachelors Degree in Natural Resource Conservation.
- I love cats, freshly grated cheese (on everything), spring peppers at night, bare feet, bad jokes, classic cars, and watching Pirates of the Caribbean at least once a year.
- I'm happiest outside, in the woods and by the water.
- My family means the world to me.
- I love to make people laugh.
- I'm a perfectionist by nature.
- I specialize in (and absolutely love) natural light photography, but I also enjoy practicing new techniques and styles. I am constantly learning and striving to be better.
I am an easy-going, fun person to work with, and I work hard to make sure you get shots you will love. I live for genuine smiles and capturing photos that radiate pure happiness. One of the most important parts about choosing a photographer is not only finding a portfolio of work that fits your style, but also finding someone you enjoy being around. I promise to make you laugh and to make the "picture-taking part" of your wedding, portrait session, or whatever occasion, a breeze.
If you'd like to know more about my work, request a quote, or meet for a photo consultation, please reach out to me. I'd love to hear your story!
Have camera. Will travel. <3